Here's the scoop. We will keep "Our Health Co-op" as our company brand (folksy, personal, and at times goofy) and the Our Health Co-op brand will play a prominent role on our new web site. When you call, you will still hear Teri cheerfully answer, "Co-op, may I help you?" Nothing will change about our company.
The change will be on our packaging, as "Cell Nutritionals" will become our new product brand. Here's what we see as the upside:
- Cell Nutritionals is easier to say, spell, and Google and will help friends and family find us and remember us.
- The Cell Nutritionals tagline, "Nourishing cells for life" communicates our mission of delivering nutritional products that support both wellness and longevity.
- The Cell Nutritionals logo mark is an iconic version of the "Sun" and symbolizes energy and the source of life as we know it.
- Cell Nutritionals more directly conveys our exceedingly high quality standards, of which we and our members are exceedingly proud.
- We have trademarked Cell Nutritionals and thus our product line will have more commercial protection.
- Our signature red tops are keepers (we can't get them for large jars yet...but will keep searching).
- The Co-op's clean style stays (light background with product names in easy-to-read capital letters).
- Cell Nutritionals logo has been added at the top (with a dark purple vs. black background).
- A thin red bar has been added (under the Cell Nutritional logo at the top).
If you're wondering about the kat's face (big sigh here), it will no longer appear on our labels. I remember drawing that face, inspired by a white silk scarf of mine with little black cat faces. I remember my ex, Steve Marteney, seeing my sketch on a piece of paper and saying, "Use that!" and Teri enthusiastically supporting this idea. I will always remember the drawing and its life on our original labels.
For those of you die-hard kat fans, don't despair. The kat will still be writing our newsletter, which will get its own facelift before too long and give the kat due respect. Stay tuned. To keep our costs characteristically low, we will continue to sell inventory with the old labels until we hit our re-order points. This means the Co-op bottles with the kat's face will become collectors' items. :-)
Finally, thanks to all of our members who voted on our updated "Our Health Co-op" logo. We have just loved reading the responses and appreciate the enthusiastic response. Chris Harding, our new Chief Community Officer, has been blown away by the response, actually, as it has been dramatically larger than he would have guessed.
All I can say is, "Go team! We're all in this together." Love feeling connected to you all.